[duxuser] Re: the new uses of the slash

  • From: "Johan Roos" <director@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 03:04:47 +0200

George wrote about backward compatibility; and Steve about moving on.  But
it does seem to me that Braille producers who archive files have an interest
in divining the future, as regards the uses of those archives over time.
Would there be best practice principles any of you are prepared to
recommend?  For example, George, do you actually believe that we will, in
due course, be archiving XML only?  And what then about the older Braille
files?  Are the people at Duxbury Systems thinking about these things, or am
I the only one who needlessly worries about archiving?

Johan