[duxuser] Re: pdf to braille

  • From: "R. Benson" <rbenson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 15:24:26 -0700 (PDT)

Robert,
I recommend you to skip the figuring out if the pdf is an image or not since
you have ABBYY. Unless the PDF is text and is either one column or is tagged,
ABBYY will be leaps faster. If the PDF is one column, the built in OCR in Adobe
will do a good job. If the PDF is multiple columns, you never can be certain
what you'd get. ABBYY has pretty good recognition, parts are a little difficult
if you are visually impaired because ABBYY places boxes on the screen that
indicates where it will OCR. While most of the time where the boxes lay and
order is correct, you may need to adjust it.

--
Ryan E. Benson
Department of Political Science