[duxuser] Re: pdf to braille

  • From: "Dawes, Stephen" <Stephen.Dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 10:04:47 -0600

There are a number of OCR packages such as OmniPage Pro that will convert PDF
to text, and subsequently save the output to the format of choice. Some of
these packages also allow for scanning directly into programs such as word
processors. If I remember correctly, at one time, I believe I had a version of
OmniPage automatically imputing the output of a scan into DBT. I think it was
about the time of DBT 10.4. (But that is a best guess.)

Stephen Dawes <B.A., B.Sc.>
Management Systems Analyst
Information Technology #8480 | Phone: (403) 268-5527
The City of Calgary | Fax: (403) 268-6423
PO Box 2100 Postal Station M. | Email:
Stephen.Dawes@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Stephen.Dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Calgary, Alberta, Canada. T2P 2M5 | Web:
http://www.calgary.ca<http://www.calgary.ca/>