[duxuser] Re: Using Duxbury translator and a screenreader program

  • From: "Steve Dresser" <s.dresser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:52:28 -0400

Jane,

I have a wireless keyboard that does 6-key entry, and several wired keyboards that do not. The issue is whether the keyboard allows you to press several keys at once, and many keyboards are designed to prevent this from happening. Often, cheaper is better, but that's not always true. It's best to test the keyboard you want to use by opening a blank document and pressing six keys simultaneously. If all the letters appear on the screen, you can use that keyboard for six-key entry. If less than six letters appear, try another keyboard.

Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "JANE DEKORNE" <7.jdekorne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>