[duxuser] Re: Setting up index printer with duxbury!

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 15:47:54 +0100

Hi Paul,

Aside from needing to know your paper size, and exact version of Index,
just set the Basic "S" up in DBT as an Unlisted embosser and use the
parallel connection, which in DBT's Global: Embosser Setup needs to be
LPT1

If you have 12 inch high paper, you should get 29 lines on a page in
DBT.  You may need to set your Index up for 29 lines as well, if that's
not been done.

As for characters per line, that depends on width of paper.  If it's 12
inches wide, you should get 40 - 42 cells on a page.  If it's 9.5 inch
wide paper, then between 30 and 32 is normal.

(Your dealer should be able to give you help here)

George Bell.