[duxuser] Re: Recognizing A Tab Code

  • From: Sandy Rathjen <srathjen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:07:42 -0400

I agree. Perhaps CBC means "Don't indent" just as itemized nemeth work is not indented.
If you still want this in cell 3, can you use the space bar instead of the tab key? Maybe it is the tab key specifically, and not the indentation that is being ignored?
Sandy

s.dresser@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

John,

I had the same problem when I put something in computer braille code at the
beginning of a paragraph.  For some reason I don't understand, DBTW ignores
any type of indentation when computer braille starts at the beginning of a
line.  I thought this was specifically related to the paragraph code, but
your experience suggests it may be any kind of indentation.  Is there some
rule that says that computer braille must start at the beginning of a
line?  I've never heard of one, but I hesitate to label this as a bug since
it happens so consistently.

Steve

On Saturday 9/13/03 01:25 John H. Luttenberger, III wrote:

Good morning, Duxbury listers,

I'm running Duxbury 10.4 with Windows 98.

In a recent brailling job, I encountered the following situation.

Line to translate:
[tab]www.webmasters.net

The desired result is:
[col 3]www.webmasters.net [in CBC, with "begin"and "end" indicators]

I preceded the web address with the "tab" code.  Then, I highlighted the
web address itself and applied the "compinline" style.  The web address
translated correctly, but began in column 1, ignoring the preceding tab.

Noting that the "compinline" style's sole beginning code is "cbi" and its
sole ending code is "txi", I removed the "compinline" style and placed the
above codes themselves in the line (i.e., "cbi" after the tab and before
the web address, and "txi" after the web address).

This time, the line began in column 3 (the desired result), and, as
before, the web address translated correctly.

Question: Why was the tab preserved when I applied the actual codes from
the "compinline" style, but not when I applied the style itself?  Is there
something really basic that I'm missing here (smile)?

Needless to say, I found this quite curious.

John Luttenberger