[duxuser] Re: Recognizing A Tab Code

  • From: "John H. Luttenberger, III" <jlutt3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 22:35:58 -0400

Good evening, Duxbury listers,

Many thanks to Steve, Mike, Sandy, Lloyd and George, who responded to my email of June 13 regarding a tab code being ignored in the Braille translation when it preceded the comp-inline style. I'm gratified to learn that this will be addressed in DBT 10.5.

My apologies for taking so long to thank everyone. Two weeks ago, I was sick for the better part of a week, and have been playing catchup ever since--severely limiting my list-visiting time. Now that I'm back to the list, this was my first order of business.

The wealth of DBT knowledge provided on this list is truly extraordinary. I am truly grateful for the willingness of so many to share their expertise and address problems and issues.

John Luttenberger

----------

At 12:08 9/16/2003, you wrote:

I said I'd investigate this issue, and here is the response.

George Bell.

This is a known bug (#428 in our problem database), which
has been fixed in the 10.5 pre-release.

The same basic problem can show up in other circumstances;
it really has nothing to do with CBC. What is happening is
this:
The "tab" code sets a state that does not really take effect
until the next real "word" comes along -- it says, in
effect, "the next word is to be tabbed, and when it is
encountered, position it thus and so." But the opening style
code, i.e. in this case [es~compinline], resets the tabbing
states before the actual text data is processed, with the
effect observed.

The work-around for now is to use the raw codes instead of
the style, e.g.
in this case use [cbi]...[txi] around the web address.

---
11/09/2003

* * * * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org. * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with * unsubscribe * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription * options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive * is also located there. * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com * * *