[duxuser] Recognizing A Tab Code

  • From: "John H. Luttenberger, III" <jlutt3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 01:25:47 -0400

Good morning, Duxbury listers,

I'm running Duxbury 10.4 with Windows 98.

In a recent brailling job, I encountered the following situation.

Line to translate:
[tab]www.webmasters.net

The desired result is:
[col 3]www.webmasters.net [in CBC, with "begin"and "end" indicators]

I preceded the web address with the "tab" code. Then, I highlighted the web address itself and applied the "compinline" style. The web address translated correctly, but began in column 1, ignoring the preceding tab.

Noting that the "compinline" style's sole beginning code is "cbi" and its sole ending code is "txi", I removed the "compinline" style and placed the above codes themselves in the line (i.e., "cbi" after the tab and before the web address, and "txi" after the web address).

This time, the line began in column 3 (the desired result), and, as before, the web address translated correctly.

Question: Why was the tab preserved when I applied the actual codes from the "compinline" style, but not when I applied the style itself? Is there something really basic that I'm missing here (smile)?

Needless to say, I found this quite curious.

John Luttenberger