[duxuser] Re: Reading Interpoint Pages

  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:49:56 -0600

Catherine, in line with what George says, we have found here that our sighted
volunteers have a very hard time reading interpoint, so texts to be proofread
by a sighted person are run single-sided.  This is something of a debate, since
we have school teachers who want beginners to have single-sided Braille, and
there is some feeling that they should learn interpoint as soon as possible
because it's the way the Braille world is.  So your question is a valid one.  I
am encouraged to hear George say he can do it; I sort of thought that with
practice it might be achievable but since I am blind I hesitate to insist that
someone learn to do something they are telling me they can't do, when I don't
have any way of verifying that.

Susie