[duxuser] Re: Reading Interpoint Pages

  • From: "George Bell" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:38:15 -0000

Hi Catherine,

Much depends on the skill and imagination of the teacher.  Interpoint is
certainly difficult for some sighted people to read at a quick glance,
but there are ways of improving things.  For example, one can "dirty"
the upward facing dots in a variety of ways, such as rubbing ones finger
in coloured chalk dust, then lightly rubbing over the area of braille in
question.  Net result is that the tops of the dots become coloured, and
therefore easier to see.

I've occasionally had to fax braille, and in the absence of chalk, I've
used carbon paper, and even resorted to touching up each dot with a felt
tip pen, and then photocopying it.

George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd