[duxuser] EDITING BRAILLE DOCUMENTS WITH A BRAILLE DISPLAY

  • From: "Andre van Deventer" <andre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:28:02 +0200

Hi all

I have been asked by someone who is not on this list and who is a Duxbury
owner  whether it is really practical to proofread books produced on Duxbury
efficiently in the translated form with a braille display only.  This would
include checking things like page  layout and so forth.

I can do this to some extent with Jaws and switching off the Grade 2
translator.  But could layout be a problem perhaps.  I have found with quite
a few  models of braille display that for some reason lines that print
against the left margin tend to actually begin one cell from the left of the
start of the display.

Hope this query makes sense to someone!!

Regards

Andre