[duxuser] Re: Criticism is a no-no on this list

  • From: David.Pawson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 08:27:42 -0000

Alan wrote,
    Oh no! Can't I offend at least just one person? Please? <smile>.
    Seriously, I think it is important to know who is who. E.g.
    I have seen posts from Neal, but up 'till now didn't know
    who he was. Another minor point; It would be nice to know
    where people were writing from i.e.
    which country, I just assume USA if no indication otherwise.

I can't let that one pass Alan! At least two of us are from the other
side of the pond.

Two points I'd make in this discussion.
Terry listed the broad levels of experience on this list. I'd add another
type,
the patient. George and Steve are two who repeatedly answer maybe the same
questions again and again, for the benefit of new users. That's what makes a
list
really useful. A list that only supported the advanced user would be less
useful.

The only other way to reduce that is for someone to collate the frequently
asked
questions into a website, which hasn't been done yet, and I've never seen a
response
of go see the answer I gave last month, i.e. a pointer to the archives,
which is
very useful if searchable.

  I would support the request for any 'rules' that apply to the list. I've
seen
other lists re-post the rules every so often to make sure new list users are
aware.
As George says though, everyone is polite and helpful here, so perhaps there
is
no real need for such rules.
  Same way there is no real need for the moderators with the iron fist!

regards DaveP

** snip here **

-
DISCLAIMER: