[drivingpairs] Re: Pole bumping horse in the nose

  • From: "Debbie Buick" <found1farm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:33:42 -0500

Just a follow up, today I lengthened the traces a hole and drove the pair
again.  I found it a bit loose and sloppy, that two inches makes a big
difference!  But I did have a great drive with them, their dressage is
coming along.  The figure eights really help.  I guess in the marathon
carriage they are just going to have to watch their noses!  It is mainly on
the turns, the outside horse has the longest curve and bends to the inside
over the crab and of course the inside horse is bent away from the pole, so
no problem with the inside horse on the turns.  Somehow I don't think this
will be a problem on the presentation carriage where I use pole straps on a
smaller crab.  I haven't had the young guy on that carriage yet, and have no
need to until we start doing more serious shows.

Cheers,
Debbie