[drivingpairs] Re: Pole bumping horse in the nose

  • From: Olive Parker <montanadream@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 08:05:32 -0700

Hi Debbie,

I would use the breeching anyway.  At one time I drove a pair with no
breeching.  Everything was fine, until one day the end of my lines
must have wrapped around the parking brake handle and turned the
lever up, which disengaged my brakes completely.  I had no brakes and
it resulted in a runaway, when the carriage bumped into the back of
the pair!  I finally figured out what happened, but my pair had had a
bad scare.... that was a wild ride!   Anyway, I always use breeching
now.

Olive