[dokuwiki] Re: what is the startpage of a whole dokuwiki?

  • From: "Mark McCoy" <realmcking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:38:01 -0600

Let's clear something up here....

On 2/21/06, peter pilsl <pilsl@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But you are telling me now, that  the page mystuff.txt is not part of
> the namespace mystuff but of the root-namespace. Only if I set
> $conf[start] to index then  www.mydomain.com/mystuff would lead to
> mystuff::index.txt and this then would be part of the mystuff-namespace.

The only thing that $conf['start'] does is tell dokuwiki which page to
go to when you go to http://www.mydomain.com/

If you change $conf[start] to "index", it will load the
dokuwiki/data/pages/index.txt file.

That's it.

No other behaviour changes.

> As far as I understand $conf[start] does not only set the name of the
> startpage in the root-namespace, but also in every other namespace. And
> while this perfectly makes sense I was never aware of all these things
> and so I'm bit in troubles.

This is incorrect.  There are plugins for this, but you said you
didn't install any plugins.

You *need* to set the start page, so that you can link to it from other pages.

The rest of your wiki shouldn't *have* to change at all.

You might want to change it so that the "index" type pages for a
namespace are within the namespace instead of "beside" it (to make the
ACL's easier), but that is really up to you and how you want to work.

--
Mark McCoy -- Professional Unix geek

"On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put
into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am
not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that
could provoke such a question. "  -- Charles Babbage