[dokuwiki] what is the startpage of a whole dokuwiki?

  • From: peter pilsl <pilsl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:08:40 +0100

I set up a dokuwiki-installation under a own domain.

www.mydomain.com

So my $conf[start]=''

Then I created a namespace mystuff. So www.mydomain.com/mystuff leads me to startpage of the namespace mystuff, which is called mystuff.txt and I can assign accessrights and so on.

But things are different with the startpage of my whole dokuwiki.

www.mydomain.com leads to this startpage and its named .txt and I cannot accessrights to it (guess cause it does not have name).

How can I give the startpage a name? I tried to set $conf[start] but this is not what I was looking for. After setting it to "startpage" all links to the top or to the mainpage were set to www.mydomain.com/mystuff/startpage. This is not what I wanted.

I want one of two things:

i) when accessing the root of my dokuwiki I want to have the content of one special namespace displayed

OR

ii) I want to be able to give the startpage a proper name, so I can give accessrights to it. Actually the only way to give accessrights to the startpage is via the *-namespace and this is not what I want. Everyone should be able to read my startpage, but I want accessrestrict certain namespaces.

How do you deal with this? Or : how do you do so that this problem does not occure with your setup.

thnx, peter