[dokuwiki] using phpmailer (was: Sendmail -- do I have too? WAAAH!)

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:17:52 +0200

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:00:18 -0500 (CDT)
"Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So I'm going ahead with PHPMailer.  Do we want a hack that people have
> to reapply after each DokuWiki upgrade, or do we want to tweak
> DokuWiki itself a bit to allow for a PHPMailer plugin?  I think I can
> keep the tweak pretty simple.

I would prefer some simple option like this:

$conf['phpmailer'] = '/path/to/phpmailer';

If the above option is left empty everything works like it does now, if
it is set and you installed phpmailer to the given path it is used for
sending mail. I don't know if this is enough or if we would need some
more options to configure pahpmailer...