[dokuwiki] Re: using phpmailer (was: Sendmail -- do I have too? WAAAH!)

  • From: Redeeman <redeeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:38:34 +0200

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 13:17 +0200, Andreas Gohr wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:00:18 -0500 (CDT)
> "Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > So I'm going ahead with PHPMailer.  Do we want a hack that people have
> > to reapply after each DokuWiki upgrade, or do we want to tweak
> > DokuWiki itself a bit to allow for a PHPMailer plugin?  I think I can
> > keep the tweak pretty simple.
>
> I would prefer some simple option like this:
>
> $conf['phpmailer'] = '/path/to/phpmailer';

you really should consider this. one of the real appeals of dokuwiki is
that it doesent need you to give paths to other stuff and such.

and as for the concern about needing to manually do changes to phpmailer
on each release - well - releases are infrequent. i will do them on each
release if you want to.

> If the above option is left empty everything works like it does now, if
> it is set and you installed phpmailer to the given path it is used for
> sending mail. I don't know if this is enough or if we would need some
> more options to configure pahpmailer...

more options are needed.