[dokuwiki] Re: style.ini constant names

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 01:49:58 +0100

Joe Lapp wrote:

I decided to procede with phase II of updating my site, which is to take
advantage of style.ini's constants.  I see names like:

__white__      = "#fff"
__lightgray__  = "#f5f5f5"

These names are helpful monikers for typing #fff and #f5f5f5, but they aren't
very helpful for recoloring a site.  It's like having these names:

__seven__ = 7
__twentyone__ = 21

I guess I misunderstood the purpose of style.ini.  I was expecting names like:

__page_color__ = #xxx ; page background color
__text_color__ = #xxx ; color of page text
__header_color__ = #xxx ; color of text headers

In this case it's possible that page color and header color are identical by default (__black__). By defining separate constants, users may choose to make them different (as I do).
You'll find a discussion on this issue back in Jan or Feb.

Cheers,

Chris