[dokuwiki] Re: Formal declaration of customizability

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 09:06:25 +0200

Joe Lapp writes:

Hello all,

I've been out of the loop for a while, getting back into things.  I
decided to start by upgrading from the 22 Sep '05 release to the 9 Mar '06
release.  Everything is functioning just fine (thank you!), but I'm having
one heck of a time restoring my custom presentation.  I really wasn't
expecting to have to rework so much CSS (I've given up for now).

Hi!

Great to hear from you again! A list of things that never will change will probably never appear because it's plain impossible to do some things without some changing. However I try hard not to change things like CSS or how certain "public" functions work. The last release had a lot of changes making DokuWiki's XHTML more clean and closer to the strict variant. We tried to put all the changes needed for this into this one release because we knew this wasn't possible without breaking existing templates and didn't want to break those thing in future releases again, so consider the XHTML/CSS as pretty stable now.

Anika recently asked me if it would be helpful to put up a list listing all CSS changes from version to version on a single page. I think this would have been very helpful to you. Maybe you can convince her to work on this it ;-) Anika are you listening?

Andi

PS: by rereading this it all sounds grammatically strange but I guess you get the meaning anyway. maybe it's too early in the morning *gets coffee*