[dokuwiki] Re: dokuwiki comments from a newbie

  • From: "Todd Augsburger" <todd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 09:53:05 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob McConnell" <rvm@xxxxxxxxx>

Personally, I'd like to see a sidebar as a default option, as in the
original post. If DokuWiki had _not_ had an acceptable sidebar available as
a plugin, I'd have never chosen it in the first place. For me it was a
requirement.

But like Bob, I also hate features that cannot be turned off--some of the
customization I've done to my own wikis was simply hacking out "features"
that were in the way. (Or, in my case, hiding them from public users.)

But a sidebar could easily be implemented to be _optionally_ visible. Even
turned off by default, if that's the consensus. If added to the core
install, it would be more likely to get enough attention to remain bug-free
with future releases.

I'm curious: What percentage of users do, or do not, use a sidebar?

Todd Augsburger
todd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Roller Organ Cobography
http://cobs.rollerorgans.com/