[dokuwiki] Re: dokuwiki comments from a newbie

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:55:09 -0500

Jason Keltz wrote:
Hi.

Thanks for the feedback that I've received from people on the sidebar issue from my message on Friday. For those of you opposed to having a "default" sidebar, please realize that I'm asking that there be an option to have a sidebar in the default installation of Dokuwiki, which, if not defined, would, of course, not show up! I like the way that it's done in some of the templates -- a "sidebar" document in a namespace becomes the sidebar. You can have different sidebars for different namespaces, or only one. I believe this would satisfy people who want/do not want a sidebar in the default installation.

If you want a simple sidebar, you can do something very basic like this on main.php:

This will give you a light-gray 800 pixel high column to the left of the page, 50 pixels down from the top. You can replace "hello, I'm a column" with any html required. The first div must come immediately below the opening body tag and it must be closed just above the second div. The second div, which forms the sidebar, must appear immediately above the closing body tag. You can change the widths to suit your needs.

A sidebar constructed in this way will move with the page.