[dokuwiki] Re: New Configuration settings and templates

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 00:53:58 +0100

Martin Tschofen wrote:

I've changed my template to use the new config manager.

The config options show up in the configuration screen. When I save
it, however, none of my configurations get saved in local.php.
They should be saved.  It works for me, format is

Any other changes I make in the config page get saved to local.php,
but none of mine.
Do I need to change anything in my template?
Yes, but not for the config plugin, see below.

Also none of the config variables get created as the template doesn't see them (and fails to display appropriately). Do I need to make changes to the template for it to at least read the default values setup in conf/default.php?
Yes, I don't believe there are any standard routines to read template configuration variables. I guess a patch needs added somewhere to close the circle. I don't know if Esther has something already in her templates that make use of this, I suspect she has....

Cheers,

Chris,