[dokuwiki] Re: New Configuration settings and templates

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 00:59:17 +0100

Ben Coburn wrote:

I am looking into this. (Originally I thought settings without metadata were not displayed.) The template settings will get their own group if they have at least one metadata entry, same for plugins.

That explains why they were mixed in together. The template settings didn't have any metadata.

I don't think you need to rely on metadata. Template settings in local.php or default.php will have format ['tpl'][<template-name>] and plugins, ['plugin'][<plugin-name>] that should be enough to work out and give the settings for separate plugins and templates their own sections. Having the plugin handle that would reduce the chances of confusing the wiki admin.

Another section to let the plugin know about (if you haven't already) would be 'auth' or possibly, ['auth'][<module-name>][settings]. I don't know if that is a standard settings structure for an auth module.

Cheers,

Chris