[desert-voice] Re: regarding Friday's alphabet writing, etc.

  • From: "Linda Samulski" <desertblossom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <desert-voice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 13:12:51 -0700

Good morning everyone:

First I want to say that for those of you who weren't able to come to
yesterday's meeting, you were very much missed.
I wish I could call everyone personally to invite you and to talk with you as
you are all important to me. Working with gudiedogs, helping Tom with Desert
Blind, and working on issues of Ca. council of the blind doesn't leave much
time for me though. There is always something to do to help our cause.
So now, I want to tell you a little about yesterday's meeting.
Nominations were taken for new officers and the election ill take place next
month. They are as follows:

Melisa Roe President

Linda Samulski Vice-president/secretary

Thomas Samulski Treasurer

John Granet board director

Debbie Dorset Pr/membership

Geremy Roe: Community Events/fun and recreation

After seeing the agenda online, our small group decided not to attend this
year's CCB convention. We felt that for the time and money it costs, the
program isn't that pertinent, and a letter will be written to state our
dissatisfaction. One of the pressing issues at the convention is that a vote
will be taken regarding whether there should be one or two conventions per
year, and a deciding factor might be convention programming.  Those who read
this list may go to the www/ccb.org  website and   read the whole agenda. Just
click on the 2012 conference  and convention link.
 We'd sincerely like to thank Janie and Bill her driver for offering to take us
this time. There is another reason for not going.
Our Coachella Valley chapter received $500 from Palm Springs Lions, and a very
generous  matching donation from one of our members. Our  group is thinking
that as we want to be responsible, and good stewards of each donor's
generosity, the money might be better used in our new endeavor of teaching life
skills and community transition. We can perhaps use the money for community
activities as suggested by Gerem. I believe that this is  a very wise
suggestion.
Speaking of, we were going to take rehab documentations on the 19th of October,
but as I was called in to work, that date was canceled.  We have set another
date of November 9. If you'll remember, documentations will be taken regarding
the problems we have with rehab here in the Coachella Valley. Please call me
for more information if you would like to be a part of this. On that day
Ph: (760-702-0879
, we will also discuss our life skills and community project. The hours for the
documentations and discussion will be from approximately 10;00 a.m. to 2;00 p.m
Perhaps we can order pizza, and if we're nice to Geremy, maybe he will let us
borrow his DVS Tarzan movie. I forgot to ask yesterday, so please excuse me,
I'm sorry.
Regardless, we will work hard but also have a good time while doing it.
Please remember that dues are coming up for our chapter, and we will have to
make our membership roster very soon after the first of the year. They are $10,
and this valley really needs your help, our chapter needs your ideas, and we
need to be working dilligently and   in harmony.
Please help us grow, and bring your tallents. we need your ideas so we can
further the cause of advocacy and fairness to the blind community of the
Coachella Valley.
I wish you all peace and wellness, as we approach the holiday season, and a
brand new year.