[desert-voice] Re: regarding Friday's alphabet writing, etc.

  • From: "Linda Samulski" <desertblossom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <desert-voice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 20:49:34 -0800

Good evening and Buenas Noches:

Hope everyone is well and joyous in this holiday season.
Well now that Tom and I have finished the Desert Blind Dining In The Dark
event, hosted our company from Bei Jing, San Diego, Phoenix, and Detroit,
helped organize the Friends in Sight event, and amongst that, I had the most
horrible toothache and went to the emergency dentist, our feet are for the
mostpart on the ground.

I want to remind everyone that we will be meeting at El Campanario's restaurant
on the 28th of December. The address is: 44185 Munroe St. Indio, and we will
start around noon. I will make reservations for 10-15, or please call me to let
me know if you plan to attend. (760-702-0879

I want to congratulate Melissa on becoming our next CCB President. Please let's
give her our support as I know she is very capable and will have some great
ideas to move our chapter forward. She truly is a pioneer and champion here in
the valley.

We will be starting our mentoring program. Hopefully people will come to an
organizational meeting and we can get started. I would like the meeting to be
on the 18th of January if possible.
If you would like help withlearning, or would like to teach, please  call
(760-702-0879. There is no judgement of what anyone knows or doesn't know.
We can work on such things as:

life skills, cooking, keyboarding, writing, reading, and speaking  English as a
second language, Braille,  we may be able to work on resumme writing, filling
out forms, if we know ahead of time. Oh, and we can have some fun too!!!!!!!
Well, I think that's about all of the news there is from here. Please feel free
to post to this list.
Everyone have a safe and wonderful holiday, and please tell those around you
how much you love and appreciate  them.

Wishing you all joy, peace, and love

Linda