[delphizip] Re: Translatable strings for Dlls

  • From: James Turner <james.d.h.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:45:16 +0000

Having considered the problem further, I believe the best solution (to include
all language files) would be as follows :-

1) Create text files (notepad) containing all language strings (and keys).
2) Add these files as BINARY resources to a separate language module.
3) Write necessary code to cache the required strings when a language is
selected (at runtime).

I would place the code to extract the strings, etc. in the language module,
however, since there is a feeling that the DLLs should be discarded, some
people may disagree. This solution would, after all, add a third DLL. However,
this general design concept could be adapated to a pure Delphi solution with
little difficulty. It would simply require a resource file to be maintained and
included in the ZipMaster.pas module. The resource file could be built using
the BRCC32.exe utility that is shipped with Delphi.

James Turner