[delphizip] New format

  • From: Alistair George <bigal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gerard <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:33:30 +1300

Hello Gerard,
Good idea, but problematical in that like you mention, it is not zip compatible.
For example previously I used to use MS Backup which stored in QIC format. Now
times have changed and QIC is no longer supported hence my old backup disks can
only be retrieved using Win98 on another computer. With ZIP you dont have this
problem. Which, IMHO is no big deal as we can use REFRESH or UPDATE which works
well for most desires.
However, there is an interesting development by a very clever Singaporean who is
happy to work with you if you want to contribute. His project is called RESOURCE
and does everything you mention.
Details are at:
http://homex.coolconnect.com/member3/gruvrs/resource/
Kind regards,