[delphizip] Re: New format

  • From: Alistair George <bigal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Eric.Engler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 12:39:51 +1300

Hello Eric,
Thanks for describing the situation. Perhaps that is why my CPU screen in Delphi
reports 'too many errors' when there are a large number of files. Even though F9
allows continue to run and there appears to be no archive problems as an end
result.

I would love to be able to continue with the ZIP format simply because it is
'the standard' which will continue to be for many years to come and X platform.

BTW using DelphiZIP I have managed to write a freeware program which is the only
one  (of  many I tried,  hence the reason for writing it) so far reliable
enough to span
CDRW disks  and  write  several gigs without curling its toes up. Compliments
to your
team of associates.

Reading between the lines in prior mails it would seem that there is no way to
modify the ZIP format without losing compatiblity with 'standard' decompressors.
Pity about that.....
Al+