[delphizip] Re: Error: Bad Zip Option specified (from Poland)

  • From: "James Turner" <james.d.h.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:20:41 -0000

If the software is for personal use rather than commercial distribution, it
should be possible to utilise UNC naming conventions (but I think the root
directories may need to be shared).

Thus C:\test.txt becomes \\MyPc\c\test.txt and D:\test.txt becomes
\\MyPc\d\test.txt where MyPc is the networking name of your computer.

Thus it should be possible to include the drive in the zip path. I have no
idea what the DLLs would make of UNC file names, however my gut instinct is
that this could be made to work with a little experimentation.

-- James Turner