[DECtalk], Re: Red Dwarf?

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:27:25 -0500

Um.  You mean, the program to convert them from Unix to Dos line endings?
If that's what you want, I can send you the converted scripts.  I converted
them all in just a few seconds.  If you're talking about, converting them to
something for synthesis by Dectalk, I don't have a program to do that
although a lot of it could probably be automated with a Perl script or
something similar.  Anyway, if you wanted the converted text scripts let me
know and I can either send them to you privately or, if there's more demand,
put them up on a website.
I actually used a DOS batch file to convert from Unix to Dos line endings.
This batch file might not work with command.com because it uses the 'for'
statement which may only be available in 4dos.  Anyway, using the Dos 'type'
command will send the file to the screen with proper line endings.  So if
you type a file and redirect the output to another file, the second file
will contain a converted version of the original.
Jayson