[ddots-l] Re: vst synth sounds

  • From: "Omar Binno" <omarbinno@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 14:39:47 -0400

thanks. that was helpful.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: D!J!X!
  To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, September 24, 2010 2:36 PM
  Subject: [ddots-l] Re: vst synth sounds

  Don't just look for presets in a synth, try customizing sounds and such,
that's how it's normally done.   For pads, even though it is not accessible,
the korg's new engine, oasis or whatever is called, everyone I've spoken to
says that's what they use for pads, because it has a lot of sonds and is easy
to create your own sound. This is what I've also noticed from using some of
their older synths. Some racks/hardware units migght be cool to invest in.
  But I've personally modified lot's of hs2 stuff to meet my needs, The motif
sounds as well. For soft synths, vanguard, some of Image line's synths, some of
Native instruments stuf (pro 53, fm7), and even cakewalk's pentagon and psyn,
it's all about modifying the sounds and stuff to get what you want. Also
layering stuff and mixing and matching; if you just go by presets, it'll get
old quick.

  HTH, D!J!X!