[ddots-l] Re: vst synth sounds

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 14:36:45 -0400

Don't just look for presets in a synth, try customizing sounds and such,
that's how it's normally done.   For pads, even though it is not accessible,
the korg's new engine, oasis or whatever is called, everyone I've spoken to
says that's what they use for pads, because it has a lot of sonds and is
easy to create your own sound. This is what I've also noticed from using
some of their older synths. Some racks/hardware units migght be cool to
invest in.
But I've personally modified lot's of hs2 stuff to meet my needs, The motif
sounds as well. For soft synths, vanguard, some of Image line's synths, some
of Native instruments stuf (pro 53, fm7), and even cakewalk's pentagon and
psyn, it's all about modifying the sounds and stuff to get what you want.
Also layering stuff and mixing and matching; if you just go by presets,
it'll get old quick.

HTH, D!J!X!

  _____