[ddots-l] Re: vst synth sounds

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:40:33 -0400

He means to say that it is theoretically possible, but probably not practical.

Editing presets on softsynths is just not easy, no matter how you slice it. The
good ones are only somewhat frustrating. Perhaps we'll get the hardware control
stuff worked out some day so that it will be as easy as turning a knob on a
hardware synth, but that's a way off yet. Until then, you have the synth rack
or the track inspector for most synths.

Bryan