[ddots-l] Re: Can't Install Ct 8.5

  • From: "Dancing Dots" <billlist1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:34:05 -0500

Hello, Chi,

if you have SONAR 8.3.1 installed, there are 2 possibilities for using
CakeTalking.  As you may recall, CakeTalking for SONAR 8.0 supported SONAR
8.0.0, 8.0.1, and 8.0.2.  CakeTalking 8.0 never officially supported SONAR
8.3.x.  It does sort of work although we knew of some significant problems.

To receive the fixes for those problems and to gain access to the newly
supported SONAR features like V Vocal, you must have CakeTalking for SONAR
8.3.  The latest version is 8.3.13.  So, if you have purchased the upgrade
from CT 8.0 to 8.3, run the installer for 8.3, not the installer for CT 8.5.
If you are running SONAR 8.5, then run the installer for CT 8.5.

Anyone who only has authorization for CakeTalking for SONAR 8.0 cannot use
the CTWebUpdate available from the Start menu Entry for that version to
obtain CakeTalking 8.3.  For that you must order a paid upgrade.

If you do have authorization for CakeTalking 8.3 and you have a build less
than 8.3.13, you can use that CTWebUpdate from the Start Menu to download
build 8.3.13.

Sorry about confusion.  CakeTalking's developer, David Pinto, neglected to
make a separate Start menu entry for CT 8.3 and some serious confusion has
resulted.  If you need help, E-mail to support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call us at
610-783-6692 and press Option 3 for tech support.

Regards,
Bill

Bill McCann
www.DancingDots.com