[ddots-l] Re: Accessible keyboards?

  • From: "Tim Burgess" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:27:12 -0000

Hi,

It's simpler than that.  Implementing accessibility through MIDI messages is
vastly cheaper for the manufacturer than fitting extra electronics that the
vast majority of users won't use, don't want and (critically) will bitch
about paying for.  The MIDI solutions are cheap, robust, easy to modify if
implemented as updatable firmware and programmatically simple.

Cheers.

Tim