[softwarelist] problem with holding format during copy/paste

  • From: Martin Devon <martin.devon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 20:12:36 +0100

 Hi

I may found a possible inconsistency in behaviour, or perhaps this is
as intended? My wife, who uses OPro mostly, says she doesn't think this
happened several revisions back.

Make a text frame and set the indent to say 10mm and first line indent
-10mm.
Enter a couple of bullet point paragraphs so the bullets are at the
left margin and all text is inset 10mm.
1. Select and copy the whole frame and paste it back - all is well, the
second frame is an exact copy.
2. Make another, empty, text frame.
 Select all the text in the first frame and drag and drop to the
new frame - all is well again; the text is formatted.
3. Make another empty text frame.
This time select all the text and copy to the clipboard, then paste
into the empty frame. The indent setup seems to be lost.

Martin

--
Martin R Devon MSc
Consulting Engineer, Box, Wiltshire, UK