[softwarelist] Re: OPro indexing question and searching for styles

  • From: andy.ling@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 20:01:16 +0100

-----davidpilling-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote: -----
>a problem i notice with SRWE:  I'm trying to find where a certain
>style is used in the document, to be sure it's safe to delete it.
>searching for "any string" in a that styl (ie, using the \* wildcard)
>
>always causes an error:  "Wildcard search text matches the null
>string".

I seem to remember there were similar problems when running the
applet on OProW a while ago.

I made some changes then and I think people were happy. The trouble
is, those changes never made it back into the RiscOS version.

There are now two further problems. Currently I am in the US for
work so can't do anything for the next week or two. And then
more of a problem is that I haven't switched on my RiscPC for
several years, so I don't know if I can test anything.

If you're feeling brave, I have a suspicion the app files are compatible
between windows and RiscOS. So you could try taking the one
from the windows version and trying it on RiscOS. The
file you want is replace.csc in the Library directory.

If you can't find the file, let me know, I think I can send you a
copy from my email archive.

Andy Ling