[softwarelist] Re: Tabs

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:17:39 +0100

In article <5144a4388bchris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <5144a01a3ddave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I want the default Base Style of the document to have absolutely *no*
> > Tabs what-so-ever, especially not it seems the non removable default
> > every 5 characters.

> > I then want to insert a single Tab in the center of the page width 75
> > mm in.

> > I want to end up with...

> > Writing [Tab] to 75mm more writing...
> > Writing [Tab] to 75mm more writing...
> > And so on...

> I don't follow what the problem is. If I go to Edit Base style,
> select Tabs..., and insert a single left tab at 75 mm, Ok, OK, then I
> get a single tab at 75 mm.

If what I wanted was that easy I wouldn't be posting would I?

I can do that... I have a doc with that...

> You will find that if you enter a second tab after the first tab has
> been used, then the next default tab will be used.

I don't want any other tabs at all after the 75 nothing, not a single one
ever.
All those default tabs after the 75 need to be excised, dumped, killed,
never to darken my document again.

Thanks
Dave

--