[softwarelist] Re: !TRANSIMP problem

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:42:31 +0100

In article <000001cd22c7$d2f99260$78ecb720$@hughes@blueyonder.co.uk>,
   Bob Hughes <bob.hughes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I hope I know where the shared CLibs are Resources.!System.Modules
> and ditto in 310.

The sharedCLibrary will normally be in the ROM. Open a task window
(Ctrl-F12) and enter *help modules.

You will get a long list of all the active modules. Within the first
dozen or so you should see C Library listed (its no 12 in RISC OS
5.18). What is its version number? You could also do a *rommodules in
the task window. This will show whether the ROM version is still
active, or is dormant because another version is being used.

You will probably need to get a 26/32 bit neutral version from the
ROOL site. Go to

  http://www.riscosopen.org/content/downloads/other-zipfiles

and about half way down you will find a zip file under System
resources. A recent CLib should be in there. If you need further
help, ask again.

--
        Chris Johnson