[softwarelist] Re: Rotated pamphlet printing

  • From: Gavin Crawford <gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 13:32:22 +0100

In message <ccyyhEDt1reQFwZB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Still reposting...

>  >From: Peter Newble <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
>  >Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 01:58:25 +0100

[large snip of different imposit formats]

> Another which would be very useful to me, which I haven=E2=80=99t tried,
> = is a modified version of the thumbnail format. The present version, =
> given a document page size which will fit x times horizontally and y =
> times vertically into the selected printer driver sheet size, =
> effectively lays out (x =C3=97 y) equally-sized virtual pages on the =
> overall printed sheet and centres each document page on each virtual =
> page. For documents with no bleed, e.g. tickets with no background =
> image, it would be useful to cluster the (x =C3=97 y) pages into the =
> centre of the sheet, with no gutter between each, and add crop marks if
> = required on the outside. This makes guillotining quicker, easier and =
> more precise. Thus, for instance, an 80mm-square document fits six times
> = (2 =C3=97 3) onto A4. The existing thumbnail format would result in
> each = 80mm-square page centred on a 105mm =C3=97 99mm part of the
> sheet; I = would like the option of the six pages as a 160mm =C3=97
> 240mm block in = the centre of the page, with 25mm margins on each side
> and 28=C2=BDmm = margins top and bottom, containing the crop marks (all
> the verticals and = horizontals, not just the corners). Like the 3-up
> and 6-up DL booklets = this can be created as a document using multiple
> frames on larger = sheets, but an imposition format would be a
> time-saving and more elegant = solution.

Hi Peter,

Have you seen my Step and Repeat applet? That's lets you easily take a
frame or a group of frames and duplicate them multiple times on one
sheet, with the addition of crop marks added in the right places.

There's also my simpler applet CropMarks to just add some crop marks
around a frame.

see:
www.crawford-print.co.uk/opro.php

--