[softwarelist] Re: Rotated pamphlet printing

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 12:26:12 +0100

Hi,

In message <52dce035fcLists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
it definitely can be done, only snag is no one understands how.
No one includes D Pilling Esq?

I'd set off from the pamphlet script and make some small changes.

I suspect there is a significant learning curve to O-Pro scripting? It's
based on C I believe.

Scripting is easy peasy. There's loads of tutorial material and many people have written scripts. The hurdle is an imposition format - bear in mind that understanding what you want imposition to do is hard enough, I've spent a long time studying the diagrams in "The New Designer's Handbook".

The 'thumbnails' print format is another possibility but it does not
Where might I find that?

There is an applet 'Imposit' when you install that you get three new formats, which appear on the print window format menu (tile, thumbnails and booklet).

Nick Kaijaks produced some print formats, which is more about saying it can be done, than an off the shelf solution exists.