[softwarelist] Re: Quercus, PDF problems

  • From: Martin Vethake <martinv@xxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 09:09:26 +0200

In message <4f2d08d299john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John Cartmell <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 05 Oct, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]
> and that we were (sometimes) producing a valid page in pdf - even where
> RiScript showed otherwise. I haven't done proper tests with the current
> version of RiScript and reckon that we need to start from scratch with no
> preconceptions - though I'd look first at how different fonts were treated.

 There are RISC OS fonts which behave normally on screen and with
non-PS printers but produce broken PS when embedded. I first reported this
at length to Acorn in June '97 but to no avail. BTW two of them
were created using Draw2Font.

Regards
--
Martin Vethake
Uffenkamp Computer Systeme

snailmail: Uffenkamp Computer Systeme
           Gartenstr. 3
           D-32130 Enger-Dreyen
Inhaber: Kai Uffenkamp  USt.-ID-Nr. DE 125 408 721
email    : martinv@xxxxxx
web      : http://www.ucs.de/
voice    : +49-5224-978075
fax      : +49-5224-978076