[softwarelist] Re: Quercus, PDF problems

  • From: Jeremy Roberts <fjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 17:05:13 +0100

In message <C32D1EF7.21132%akalat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          Mike Williams <akalat@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Anyone who has access to a Mac as well as RISC OS should have no problems.
> Generate PostScript under RISC OS ensuring that ALL fonts are embedded.
> Transfer to Mac and run through Distiller using 'Press' settings to generate
> PDF.

[snip]

Pls excuse my endless ignorance... I don't follow how your advice
"Generate PostScript under RISC OS ensuring that ALL fonts are
embedded" applies to the PostScript generation in the first place.

I know that creating a PDF /from/ a PostScript file (e.g. with
RiScript) allows choice on whether fonts are to be embedded or not.

But do I also have this choice when generating the initial PostScript
file (i.e. via the PoScript 2 printer)? If so, how, please. What have
I missed?

Regards,

Jeremy R.

--