[softwarelist] Re: Quercus, PDF problems

  • From: Richard Partridge <rkp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 19:22:50 +0100

In article <7eb4a22e4f.fjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeremy Roberts
<fjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Pls excuse my endless ignorance... I don't follow how your advice
> "Generate PostScript under RISC OS ensuring that ALL fonts are
> embedded" applies to the PostScript generation in the first place.

This is a bit sneaky, I think. As supplied, !Printers will substitute
some RISC OS font names with equivalent Postscript names when
printing to Postscript. The Acorn fonts will not then be embedded
when you make a PDF, the assumption being that the printer will have
the fonts already.

The application !FontPrint, which you should find in the same
directory as !Printers, controls which fonts this applies to; they're
listed in its display. You just just select them all via the menu,
and delete them, leaving an empty window.

Hope this helps.

Richard Partridge.

--
Richard Partridge