[softwarelist] Re: Potential TransPDF improvements

  • From: David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 12:29:32 +0000

Hi,

On 25/01/2019 01:51, David Pilling wrote:

Back on Windows, I believe that my filter system consists of registry entries which say "to convert from this extension to that extension, run this command line tool". So you should be able to replace my filter

Here is an example:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\DavidPilling\Filters\TransTIF","-T tif aff -R ...\Filters\TransTIF.exe

aff is the hex extension for Draw files - Draw files are the preferred destination because they contain resolution data - all you're getting is a bitmap/sprite wrapped in a Draw file.

tif is the extension for TIFF files.

On RISC OS, Peter was talking about a version of the !OEPS applet that allowed better proxy images. That is version 1.07, it is on my website, and came out in January 2007, the !Help file documents the feature.

https://www.davidpilling.com/ovationpro/applets/files/eps.zip

I believe that upgrades to OP have not automatically included this version.

On my Iyonix I have version 1.08, which seems to just be a re-compile, the sort of thing I might have done for new ARM chips - that is circa 2014.

--
David Pilling
www.davidpilling.com