[softwarelist] Re: Potential TransPDF improvements

  • From: David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 01:51:19 +0000

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reminding me about !OEPS - I need to look what happened with the version I gave to you.

Back on Windows, I believe that my filter system consists of registry entries which say "to convert from this extension to that extension, run this command line tool". So you should be able to replace my filter programs with others.

The destination has to be an Ovation Pro "native" type, that would be .bmp, sprite, JPEG etc - I guess .bmp will support transparency.

I feel we may have had the discussion about TransPNG on RISC OS - maybe recompile for Windows.

Using ImageMagick is a good idea. You can always chain these command line tools, perhaps using my TransTIFF as a way to get at Sprite formats.

--
David Pilling
www.davidpilling.com