[softwarelist] Re: Page number or something

  • From: Gavin Crawford <gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 22:18:29 +0000

On 28-11-2022 16:42, Dave wrote:

In article <94eed241-2e44-b7d5-07df-1a58937279da@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK, how about this, we have a temporary text frame on the master pages,
and we put in it text which is auto numbered, and we put in enough
paragraphs to make that text go through the document. I reckon that
would work.

Mnnn!

I can tell her is not possible ATM, that'll no doubt make her grump for a
while...  :-)

Well actually Dave, what Mr. Pilling describes in his post (and is quoted above) is a way of making it possible. I also posted how I tested his suggestion to confirm that it does indeed work, and would give the desired result of each page in the chapter being numbered.

Gavin