[softwarelist] Re: OvationPro and memory allocation

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:02:47 +0100

In article <4e45c56f19lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <e79cc4454e.tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Not here it doesn't but then I seem to remember that your machine
> > is almost one of those that is running one of Sinclair's power
> > stations; mine is lightly loaded.

> That's odd. It does it here, even with nothing else loaded (ie.
> clean boot)

> Are you sure it's not just flickering too fast you don't notice it.
> If you repeated press keys on the keyboard, you should see it
> flickering quite a bit.

> I'm sure this is perhaps causing a problem with Lazy Task Swapping,
> which invariably results in a line of random pixels appearing on
> the backdrop after approx 15-20 minutes of OvPro loaded, followed
> soon after by applications randomly crashing (until you turn off
> Lasy Task Swapping or reboot the machine).

OK. Just to make sure I have rebooted - iconbar certainly looks a lot
less congested now. I have checked Boot->config->Misc to make sure
lazy task switching is not disabled. Repeated your test and there is
definitely no flickering.

I have typed gibberish as fast as I can hit the keys, and also held
keys down to autorepeat many times. Task display slot is rock steady.

      Chris...

--
Chris Johnson