[softwarelist] Re: OvationPro and memory allocation

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:33:20 +0100

On 13 Jul 2006  Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <e115cc454e.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [Snip]
>
>> Aemulor, or absence thereof? See my previous post.
>
> But presumably that shouldn't interfere with other tasks memory space when
> it's not running (and it shouldn't be, because OvPro is 32-bit native
> anyway).
>
> Might be worth eliminating through - can anyone try with and without
> aemulor to see if it makes a difference?

OK, done that. Well, it seemed a good idea!

  1) Quitted Aemulor including the module.

  2) Increased an OPro document stepwise by repeatedly inserting
     a textfile; eventual size of the document 84K.

  3) The OPro dynamic area increased stepwise, but no hint of a
     flicker.

Perhaps Paul's applet idea is relevant? FWIW, and anticipating the
next question, the catalogue of the applets directory here is:

!!arrayLib
!Abbrev
!AlphaSrt
!Bookmark
!BulletFix
!Calcs
!Clipbrds
!ColSupp
!Convert
!Custom
!Document
!Fill
!FitWidth
!Fluff
!Fog
!FontCat
!FontList
!Fraction
!Grabber
!HideDoc
!HTMLinks-
!Imposit
!Impulse
!JoinLine
!KSelect-
!Label
!Labeller
!Ligature
!Logger-
!NudgePal
!OArtWrks
!OEFPro
!Ovation1
!POBar
!QuickSve
!Speech
!Statnry
!StepRept
!StylePal
!SuprShft
!TextPal
!URLlink
!Version

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \   /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne     \ / __            __  \                              England.